Learn to quilt in a fun and relaxed way with Heartfulowl!
At Heartfulowl Quilting Classes we offer something quite unique. Our classes are in a home based quilting studio with a friendly, caring and experienced teacher. The class size is always small and you receive lost of personal instruction as you learn to quilt. We strive to offer you a fantastic and enjoyable experience in our quilting classes!
Here are 6 reasons to learn to quilt with Heartfulowl:
- I am passionate about quilting and love to pass this passion and skill on to others!
- I love to teach and have been teaching in one way or another for nearly 30 years!
- I have been teaching quilting for several years now in the south western suburbs of Brisbane.
- I specialise in teaching beginners to learn to quilt, taking you from little or no knowledge to being a competent and satisfied quilter!
- As a former Early Childhood teacher I am very experienced at being patient and taking my time to help you learn the skills you need to quilt.
- I teach in my home based workshop, it is a lovely friendly, homely and creative environment where you feel relaxed and supported as you learn to quilt.
Here are the fantastic quilting skills you will learn in these classes:
- Cutting using a Rotary Cutter
- Sewing the quilt pieces together (called piecing)
- Straight line and free motion quilting
- Binding the quilt
- Making a quilt label.
Information about our next Beginner Quilting Class:
How much is this course?
$150 $50 deposit required when booking in to the course and remainder $100 paid at first lesson.
Where are class held?
Classes are held at my workshop at Middle Park.
When is the next class?
The next class starts on February, 2018.
What are class times?
9:00 am- 3:00pm Saturdays
Do I receive notes?
Yes you will receive comprehensive notes, they will be emailed to you.
Will I need to buy a pattern?
No, I provide you with a free pattern.
I am new to sewing. Can I do this course?
Yes you can! As long as you have a basic understanding of the sewing machine and can sew a straight sam, you can learn to quilt. It is a simple pattern and I will support you and teach you to quilt!
Have any more questions? Want to know more about this class? Please contact me:
Hope you will join me for a quilting class soon 🙂